Old 29-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default Fogging for insects with my Burgess Fogger? On ROSES?

Brendan OMara wrote:

Coastal Farm Supply. It's funny to me how Shiva wants to
shoot things down when he/she doesn't even understand the physical
pricipals and methods that make fogging a good method
of spray delivery.

Well, my initial reaction when I read what you wrote was that my
neighbors would lynch me if I did something like that and with good
reason. Too many small children and pets to do something like that.

As to the comment about not understnading physical principles, well, you
did bother to educate any of us. Like I said my initial reaction was no
way is that a good idea. I had no idea there were two different methods
and you didn't provide enough details on what method you were using or
what chemicals you were planning to use.

Obviously I want to stay away from ingesting chemicals, but
none of that was the question... nor is my choice of the potency
of chemicals the question... I was hoping someone has already
tried this approach of chemical delivery on ROSES, not start
an argument over chemical safety and it's effect on the
environment. You also make different choices on these types of
things when you own farm land with no neighbors compared to some
of you city folk, that's why I just want to learn about the roses.

Again, why did you not provide this info in the first place especially
knowing how dangerous this can be if you don't have the ideal
circumstances? My guess, you aren't familiar with usenet because if you
were, you should have known you would get the reaction you got. And, if
you weren't familiar, following the recommended advice of monitoring a
group for a while to get the feel for it is not just good netiquette but
also good advice.

Susan
shsimko at duke dot edu