Old 29-05-2003, 06:20 PM
Andrey Tarasevich

Default CO2 bubbles collecting in Nutrafin diffuser

Tzeentch wrote:
Are you talking about the "Plant-Gro CO2 Natural System"? I bought one of
those yesterday and it's doing the exact same thing.
It's not elegant, but it's probably a good thing. Bubbles, while remaining
more or less stationary, get more time to disolve in the water, I guess.

That's what I think, too. However, sometimes one large bubble gets stuck at
the very bottom of the diffuser right next to the bubble-producing nozzle.
In this case almost every new bubble bounces off the large one, misses the
diffuser and shoots straight to the surface.

Did you buy only the diffuser (bubble counter), or the whole setup? I
bought the whole set-up, but now I'm thinking I probably should have bought
only the diffuser (Bubble counter) and DIY the rest.

Initially I wanted to by only the diffuser from one of the online stores.
But later I decided to go the faster way and bought the whole thing at LFS.
I don't regret it though. My tank is small (5.5 gal) and the whole thing
fits it pretty well.

BTW, according to the installation instructions, the nozzle can be attached
to the diffuser at three different points, deepening on the size of the
tank. The smaller is the tank - the higher the nozzle is supposed to be
attached. With my 5.5 I was supposed to go with the topmost (shallowest)
attachment point, but I ignored this recommendation and went with the
deepest one to give bubbles more travel time. Does anybody know what is the
importance of this recommendation in the installation instructions?

I don't know about you, but I was a bit disapointed by some part (of lack
thereof) of the kit. No check-valve?

Yeah. I bought one separately right away.

The tube seems made of vinyl(?)
instead of a better material like silicone.

Hmm... I thought I read it somewhere either in the installation instructions
or on the box that the tube is specifically suited for CO2 applications (or
something to that effect). Just some marketing BS?

--
Best regards,
Andrey Tarasevich