Old 29-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Eric Schreiber

Default CO2 bubbles collecting in Nutrafin diffuser

Andrey Tarasevich wrote:

BTW, according to the installation instructions, the nozzle can be attached
to the diffuser at three different points, deepening on the size of the
tank. The smaller is the tank - the higher the nozzle is supposed to be
attached. With my 5.5 I was supposed to go with the topmost (shallowest)
attachment point, but I ignored this recommendation and went with the
deepest one to give bubbles more travel time. Does anybody know what is the
importance of this recommendation in the installation instructions?

Huh. Perhaps that's a design change, as I don't think mine has
multiple connection points - just the lowest one. If you had a really
consistent source of CO2 it might be worth playing with, but using
yeast based systems, you're going to get a lot of variability no
matter what, so I doubt that you'll get much mileage out of having
different connection points.

Best advice is probably to just hook it up and monitor water
conditions, and see if it needs adjusting.

The tube seems made of vinyl(?)
instead of a better material like silicone.

Hmm... I thought I read it somewhere either in the installation instructions
or on the box that the tube is specifically suited for CO2 applications (or
something to that effect). Just some marketing BS?

The tubing that came with mine was a textured pale green material,
which I assume is CO2 tolerant. But airline tubing is cheap, so even
if it should fail over time it's not a big deal to replace.

--
www.ericschreiber.com