Old 29-05-2003, 11:44 PM
NetMax

Default Bio-spira seems to be working fine

"Victor M. Martinez" wrote in message
ruprecte wrote:
Ive had my 30g for one month now, with the aid of bio spira, I'd agree

with
Toni that it helped very much in the earlier ammonia stage but once

nitrite
hit there was no evidence of its help, daily water changes (20-30%)

was what

Hmmmm.... this might be due to the fact that there is no nitrite to

begin
with, so the bacteria that metabolizes it dies from starvation before

the
ammonia-metabolizing bacteria have a chance to establish themselves?
If that's the case, then a new dose of bio-spira should fix that.
I'll be on the lookout.

I had to do on approx. days 8-14. Ive read (from Net Max I think) that

the
bacteria in bio spira doesnt have a "born on date" hence even keeping

the

The comment didn't come from me. I've no hands-on experience with
Bio-spira so I'm keeping my mouth closed and ears open ;~) Interesting
comments regarding it supplying the nitrosomonas but being less effective
with the nitrite oxidizing bacteria. I've observed this with Cycle as
well. Adding another dosage during the nitrite ramp up sounds like an
optimal idea. Keep us appraised.

NetMax

I believe it does have an expiration date.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv