Old 31-05-2003, 09:44 PM
Just Me \Koi\

Default Green sludge

Fill the pond in? :-) Invite your friends over in the morning when the
algae is not up and the pond looks good?:-)

Seriously, we all just live with the different algae forms. Get a net and
clean it out if you need the pond to be clean at an immediate level.
Otherwise it will take care of itself. The algae is in response to a pond
condition. If you fix that condition then you will make your pond right for
the next type of algae! Algae resistance is futile IMHO!

Do you have a link to the pictures of your pond? Enquiry minds want to
know!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"David Hahn" wrote in message
My wife and I are new to this pond thing. We just put in a 2000 gl pond,
everything is great. Water is clear, we have a skimmer to get all the junk
on top of the water and a bottom drain to get the junk on the bottom. We
have 2 spillways that return the water back to the bond, 2 lilies and a
bunch of marginal plants. In the morning everything looks great but as the
day goes on clumps of green algae float to the surface. These things look
like green globs. The skimmer get them no problem but it takes away from

the
looks of the water.
What is this stuff, and how do we control/get rid of it?
(We also have goldfish in the pond)