Old 01-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default Pigeons

Richard wrote in message ...
Help!!!!
A deterrent for pigeons please I have lost rows of brassicas after
netting then letting them see the air
Anyon any great ideas

Well we used to net but it's such a pain putting it on and then trying to
weed etc, so we now just hang old CR-Roms around the brassica plot off tall
canes pushed in at an angle and those discs flashing in the light seem to
deter the pests. Old video tape strung around also has the same effect as it
twists and turns in the breeze.
I might add that we have a plague of feral pigeons (and collared doves)
around our site as they find easy pickings at the Swan Sanctuary next door.

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.