Old 01-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Minteeleaf

Default garden police gone wild?

Cereoid-UR12yo wrote:

That is not what we are talking about.

We am talking about neighbors making an effort to help out their elderly and
disabled neighbors who are unable to cut their grass and weeding their
flower beds by volunteering to help them by doing it for them. That would be
for the benefit of all and go a long way toward creating harmony rather than
silly feuds over nothing. People really need to make an effort toward not
being so selfish all the time and working together. Your own neighborhood
is a good place to start, don't you think so?

I totally agree. I used to help a disabled neighbor with
bush trimming; they were very grateful. I was young &
strong then & seeing their happiness was nice. I enjoyed
deadheading their flowers & doing some weeding in their
perennial bed. They made me cookies, very kind of them.
Never thought I'd become disabled myself, but it happened.
I'm not that old either.
I can't mow a lawn very well anymore, but I can still
cook great meals. I'd be happy to trade good home-cooked
quality meals for someone to mow my lawn.

Minteeleaf, finally managed to get the lawn (3 feet tall) mowed after
nearly a month of solid rain. Maybe we should rent a sheep. :-)