Old 02-06-2003, 12:20 AM
Victor M. Martinez

Default Bio-spira report, Day 6

LeighMo wrote:
point. Or at least, not the only one. To justify the price, it would have to
work faster and better than the usual ways of cycling a tank.

What is the "usual way" to cycle a tank? Start with a few hardy fish and
wait for a month? To justify its price it just needs to provide enough
convenience to people willing to pay for it. If it's going to allow a new
person to start a tank *full* of fish in one week instead of 4-8 weeks, I'd
say it's worth the $13 (I just checked).
Nobody is forcing you to use this product, why are you so intent on denying
its potential benefits and the anecdotal evidence I've collected?

BTW, day 7 and no ammonia, very little nitrites and nitrates.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv