Old 02-06-2003, 01:08 AM
animaux

Default garden police gone wild?

Ah, yes. Then we are in perfect agreement. I do that for a woman who lost her
husband about three months ago. She doesn't know how to write a check or mow
her lawn. No comment!!!

We all plan to get her planted with some evergreen shrubs this fall. It is way
too late now to start a project like that in Texas.

I am all for helping someone who is not as well or young or whatever. I suppose
I read the thread with eyes wide shut.

On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 16:08:39 GMT, "Cereoid-UR12yo" wrote:

That is not what we are talking about.

We am talking about neighbors making an effort to help out their elderly and
disabled neighbors who are unable to cut their grass and weeding their
flower beds by volunteering to help them by doing it for them. That would be
for the benefit of all and go a long way toward creating harmony rather than
silly feuds over nothing. People really need to make an effort toward not
being so selfish all the time and working together. Your own neighborhood
is a good place to start, don't you think so?

The law will eventually catch up with your gun happy sicko neighbor. The
kind of help he needs is the work of professionals, if you know what I mean.
He is an aberration not the norm.

animaux wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 08:33:26 -0500, J Kolenovsky

wrote:

People have gotten away from going to the other person and discussing
one-on-one the problem at hand.

There is always a neighbor nobody wants to say anything to. Of course, he

lives
next door to us. He shoots doves out of trees and eats them, has a

stuffed wild
boar head complete with huge tusks over his fireplace and hangs dead deer

from
the basketball hoop in the driveway. I reported him and he has a citation

as a
result.

There are people you cannot talk to about anything.

This same neighbor trapped another neighbors' cat and dumped it many miles

away.
Of course I warned the idiots who let the cat out that this would happen

and it
did. When the cat owners approached the asshole neighbor he would not

tell them
where he dumped the poor cat. Then the cat thief pointed his rifle at

them and
threatened to shoot the man AND his wife.

So, the talking isn't always a good idea.