Old 02-06-2003, 04:32 AM
K30a

Default Bull Frogs

Pros for bullfrogs
- frogs are in need of help. More ponders that keep them the better off they
will be. The eco-friendly thing to do.
- they are entertaining, like to sing all night long, they eat up pesky bugs,
pesky mice and scary snakes.
- for those who indulge you can eat your frogs in the form of frogs' legs,
tastes like chicken I'm told (everything tastes like chicken except for the
stuff they serve at school...)

Cons for bullfrogs
- they will eat up your goldfish, they will eat up other frogs, they will eat
up your pretty songbirds, they will eat up each other (that can be a pro or a
con), they will eat up anything they can fit in their mouths. This behavior can
be upsetting to small children.
- they sing ALL night long here in August. (SE WA state)

I had bullfrogs for a time. I liked the population control in my 3,000 gallon
pond full of canoodling koi and goldfish. They ate ALL their babies. They were
fun to watch.
I got VERY tired of their ALL night 'run-run-run' croak fests.
We tried to catch the males but we could not. Others have better luck at
catching them (our pond landscaping made it hard to catch them).

Greenfrogs are a much better pond frog. Not as aquatic as the bullfrog but not
a fish eater.

k30a