Old 02-06-2003, 03:44 AM
zxcvbob

Default garden police gone wild?

Vox Humana wrote:
"animaux" wrote in message

On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 13:51:25 -0700, "

wrote:

Why on earth does he hang dead deer from the basketball hoop? And why

does

he get away with it?
Roz

I guess he bleeds them. He didn't get away with it. I called the police

and he

was given a ticket. I don't know, nor do I care how much of a ticket it

was.

Imagine my complete and utter freak out when I went out one morning to

water and

saw that poor thing hanging there with a bucket of blood under it. This

guy is

such an asshole I can't drum up enough words to describe him.

Now he has this friggin trailer in his driveway. Our deed restrictions

prevent

anyone for having a trailer in the drive for more than 48 hours. If it

isn't

gone by August, I'm taking him to civil court.

We have a similar restriction. Again, out of 150 homes, about three people
insist on violating the rules. I can understand if someone has to have a
trailer for a few days because they are in the middle of a project, but the
people who violate the rules just have one for the hell of it. I found out
this week that our township prohibits the parking of boats, trailers, or
commercial vehicles on residential property unless they are inside a
building or are fully screened and meet setback requirement (ie, they have
to be out of site, one a paved area, and a good distance from the street or
any neighboring property.) You might check with your zoning board and see
what the rules are in your area. You might only have to call the police,
saving you a lot of time and some money to pursue it in court.

Just to play devil's advocate, why is this any different than the "weed
police" everyone was ranting about yesterday?

I just can't see calling the cops to hassle someone over a deed
restriction. Even if the guy is an asshole. No, *especially* if he's an
asshole. It will just escalate, and he won't know when to stop.

Someone should have called the cops when he threatened folks with a gun.
But that's a criminal matter, not civil.

Best regards,
Bob