Old 02-06-2003, 04:56 AM
animaux

Default garden police gone wild?

On Mon, 02 Jun 2003 01:44:44 GMT, "Vox Humana" wrote:

We have a similar restriction. Again, out of 150 homes, about three people
insist on violating the rules. I can understand if someone has to have a
trailer for a few days because they are in the middle of a project, but the
people who violate the rules just have one for the hell of it. I found out
this week that our township prohibits the parking of boats, trailers, or
commercial vehicles on residential property unless they are inside a
building or are fully screened and meet setback requirement (ie, they have
to be out of site, one a paved area, and a good distance from the street or
any neighboring property.) You might check with your zoning board and see
what the rules are in your area. You might only have to call the police,
saving you a lot of time and some money to pursue it in court.

We have the same ordinance as you. Trailers, boats, cars on blocks, etc. are
not tolerated unless inside the fence and not seen from the street or anyone
else's backyard. It's a civil matter. I've asked him for three years to move
it. I'm giving him till August. I think I've been fair. It has been recorded
for three years that I've wanted it out of sight, as well as have signatures of
27 families who also want it out.

Court fees are virtually nothing, and for sure nothing if he is in violation,
which he clearly is. On top of city ordinance, he signed deed restrictions when
he bought in this development, regardless how small it is. It's all half acre
or more zoned in here. 31 houses.

Thing is, I probably would tolerate it if he wasn't such a scumbag about that
cat. What a disgusting thing to do to another human being and even if you hate
the human, to do that to a cat is demonic. He'll get his.

Victoria