Old 02-06-2003, 05:20 PM
paghat

Default garden police gone wild?

In article , Aaron Baugher
wrote:

animaux writes:

Not only did he threaten people, his 11 year old daughter said
something which put red flags up on the whole block. She asked
another little girl if she ever had sex, or wanted to have sex.
These are 11 year old girls.

You realize, of course, that some schools start sex education in
kindergarten nowadays. That may not be the case in your area, but
it's drastically jumping to conclusions to think an 11-year-old got
such curiosity at home, no matter how weird her family is otherwise.
They're getting bombarded with it from all sides.

If you hate someone because you're the sort of person who is all-round
filled with hate, tacking on "PLUS he rapes his children" is an easy
slander. It's only interesting that "he has a basketball hoop" was the
more important "crime" until people didn't agree, then "he rapes his kids"
was tacked on as secondary to having an unacceptable basketball hoop.

As in "it takes two to tango" it might or might not be true that the given
neighbor is a horrible crazy person; we certainly have no credible
testimony to it being so, but it is at least as likely that HE has crazy
neighbors!

-paggers

Come to think of it, when I was 11 years old, a school friend used to
pass around his mom's trashy romance novels -- the kind with fully
descriptive sex, not the tamer ones that stop at the bedroom door.
Luckily for their morals, most of the kids probably couldn't read yet.

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"