Old 03-06-2003, 12:32 AM
Warren

Default garden police gone wild?

paghat wrote:

If you hate someone because you're the sort of person who is all-round
filled with hate, tacking on "PLUS he rapes his children" is an easy
slander. It's only interesting that "he has a basketball hoop" was the
more important "crime" until people didn't agree, then "he rapes his

kids"
was tacked on as secondary to having an unacceptable basketball hoop.

I'd have to agree.

Hanging game from a basketball hoop is an annoyance. It's not even in
the same league as raping his kids. "He rapes his kids" is not something
incidental to hanging game, or any other annoying habit or even all the
annoying habits you can come up with.

If there is *any* credible reason to believe that he may be molesting
his daughter, the right thing to do is not wait until you have "proof".
The right thing to do is report him to the proper authorities
immediately. If he is molesting his children, every day you wait is
another day of hell for them.

If your suspicions are so baseless that you feel reporting it is wrong,
then bringing it up in any forum says more about you than him.
Especially if you're bringing it up only to bolster your arguments that
his annoying habits are worth taking him to court.

For God's sake. Dead game hanging from a basketball hoop is nothing
compared to raping his children, and your primary concern has been your
declining property values. If you think he's raping his kids, REPORT IT.
Don't use it as an "...oh, and I think he also..." to justify your anger
at him for being an annoying neighbor.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.