Old 03-06-2003, 05:08 PM
John Hines

Default SOS! SICK FISH!

Jo Bohannon-Grant MD wrote:

Thanks. All my local Kroger had was brand-name Morton rock salt. Bought all
28 lbs on the shelf for a lovely $10. Also found enough malachite green and
formaldehyde solution for $38. I should have gone to the office and pilfered
a hundred little biopsy bottles of formalin and thrown them in. Sure would
have cost less.

You could pull the fish out, and put it in a smaller "hospital" tank,
which is easier to medicate.

Some times this is used to heavy medicate fish, with something they
couldn't live in normally.

Feaked the heck out of me one day, seeing a large sal****er angel
swimming in a fresh water tank. When I asked if I was hallucinating,
the employee said it was a 5 minute dip to kill parasites.