Old 03-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Starlord

Default garden police gone wild?

Thankfully there are many MANY areas in the USA where those HOA's are NOT
welcome nor even wanted. Most of the time it's a new track of homes that sets up
hoa's. And being a RENTER, I would not join one anyway, but if I ever did own a
home, (be it a house of trailer), I'd never live anyplace where a hoa could hog
tie you to their way of thinking.

This trailer park is at lest 50 years old, in the last 5 years, two old trailers
where replaced with newer ones (under 10 years old).

And as I said, I can still do all the gardening I want, what with some 300 Iris
and other plants growing, I'm always got something to do and with my astronomy
actives, they see my big dobsonian telescope in operation a lot too.

I once knew a guy who bought a home and set up his HAM Radio ant's up for his
radios, the HOA, which had no rules about those things, made up and passed a
rule saying he couldn't have them and when he wouldn't take them down the sued
and LOST, because the rules from the FCC superseaded any and all local rules.
Last time I was by his home he not only had those up but had a big dish up too.

--
In This Universe The Night was Falling,The Shadows were lenghtening
But elsewhere the Stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and

Arthur C. Clarke "The City & The Stars"

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Telescope Buyers FAQ