Old 04-06-2003, 01:20 PM
Pat Meadows

Default GROWING POTATOES IN DRUMS?

On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 19:31:45 -0600, "John S. DeBoo"
wrote:

The best *sounding* idea I heard was growing them in a short stack of old
tires. When ready to harvest, push over the stack and pick them from the
dirt. No shovel slices etc. I tried it and my dirt was so damned hard I
almost needed a truck to push over 3 high a stack of tiresG. It was
harder than cement! If your dirt is good this sure seems like a winner
anyway.

If we had gotten to it this spring (we didn't - there were
higher priority tasks), that's how I'd have grown potatoes.
I'll be doing it next year, for sure.

Pat