Old 04-06-2003, 08:20 PM
Henry Kuska

Default "inert" ingredients

Thank you for the link. I appreciate it very much.
--
Henry Kuska, retired

http://home.neo.rr.com/kuska/
"Jonathan Ball" wrote in message
I went in search of some info on Ortho Rose Pride
(formerly Funginex), and naturally stumbled onto
something even more interesting. It's a page from that
well known publicity hound, New York State Attorney
General Eliot Spitzer, about the supposedly "inert"
ingredients in insecticides, fungicides and
rodenticides. It's useful information

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/press/rep...de_inerts.html

"Inert" doesn't mean what a lot of consumers frequently
assume: that it is not toxic to humans. In fact, not
only are many of the ingredients toxic to humans, they
are toxic to various pests as well; just not the ones
the manufacturer is targeting with the product.

Anyway, if someone can tell me a cheaper but effective
substitute for Rose Pride, I'd be appreciative. I'm
getting tired of paying $16.00 at Home Depot for it; I
can only imagine what the stuff costs at some smaller
garden centers.