Old 03-03-2003, 02:08 AM
Robert Flory

Default Fertilizer Question

" wrote in message
om...
SNIP

You may need to add baking soda for KH if less than 3 and if the GH is
3 or higher, your okay with that. If not you can add a mix of
CaCl2(Calcium increasaer sold at pool stores sometimes) and
MgSO4(Epsom salt).

I think I was sleeping in the back of the class ....

I have GH less than 1 coming out of the tap. I've not worried about that
but with plants and now adding a DIY CO2... I guess I need to do some
more reading up on planted tanks.

My tap KH is 4-5 and drops rapidly to 2 in the tank. I added baking soda
when I added the CO2 to decrease the pH drop. So my KH is up for the
moment.

Elodea started growing like a weed ;-)

Bob