Old 05-06-2003, 08:20 AM
Jason Quick

Default garden police gone wild?

"Charlie" wrote:

I think it's pathetic that she's bothered about a trailer being left on a
front driveway!

It's illegal in many jurisdictions. Further, the deed to the man's house
says "no trailers in the driveway." It's part of the contract he signed
when he bought the house.

I also think it's pathetic that there are people who make
up stupid rules to say what colour you can or can't have your house

painted,
that you can't have more than a certian amount of cars on your driveway or
that your grass can't be more than 2" long! It's ridiculous.

It can certainly get that way. Some people desperately need a hobby.

And yes, we had a "head start" over making laws, but at least our country
actually has history more than 200 years old.

So does the US. First colonists landed in 1584, making it rather over 400
years. The natives were of course here long before that.

And don't bring the World Wars into it, this is niether the time or the
place. At least we don't start them.

Except for that one where your government sold out Czechoslovakia and
Poland, you're right. Oh, and that Boer War, and the War of 1812 (heisting
our ships and kidnapping our sailors will get you a war). Surely there are
a few others I'm forgetting...

Jason