Old 03-03-2003, 04:51 AM
Jody

Default Fertilizer Question

Couple of things:

1. Light: if I remember correctly, 15" tubes are 18W, and 18" tubes are
20W. If you have two 20W tubes on a 25g, that's actually not 2WG, it's 1.6.
That *may* be enough if you have low-light plants. Regular cool white
bulbs, or the GE plant and aquarium bulbs (both from Home Depot) are fine.
Do NOT use soft or warm white bulbs - they are too yellow.

2. CO2: I'm not familiar with the Hagen system you mention. How are you
injecting your CO2?

3. Okay, this is more than a 'couple'. Filter: I use an AquaClear 150 on
my 20g, so I think the 200 you have will be fine on a 25g by itself. A good
rule of thumb is five times your tank volume, so a 125 would be sufficient,
and a 200 is plenty.

Hang in there!
Jody

"Frank Mamone" wrote in message
I just added a second strip. It's up to ~ 2WPG.

The CO2 doesn't seem to affect the PH too much. maybe .1 or .2 in the
morning. I have two Aquaclear filers a 200 and a Mini in this 25G tank. I
put the mini in cause it was cycled from an10G tank. I tried putting both

on
low to reduce surface agitation but it didn't help much. The CO2 is
releasing about 10 bubbles per second.

I'm using the canister which came with the Hagen Plant-Grow system. I

wonder
if I use a DIY soda bottle if I can increase the amount of Co2 injected.

I received my TMG but have not started using yet. I want to get the proper
amount of CO2 in there first so I can tell what made the difference.

The plants are doing OK, but there's a couple that have brown leaves.

Maybe
it's normal until the plants settle in?