Old 05-06-2003, 09:18 AM

Default Pigeons

"Sue & Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Drakanthus" wrote in message
Well we used to net but it's such a pain putting it on and then trying

weed etc, so we now just hang old CR-Roms around the brassica plot off

tall
canes pushed in at an angle and those discs flashing in the light seem

deter the pests.
Bob

Ahhh! A use at last for all those junk mail AOL disks!

Yep, that's the ones. :-)

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.

Several neighbours in Devon use old CDs. I tried them last year and they

seem to work. It may be the direct reflected image as much as the flashing.
An old couple where we used to live in Cheshire used 2 litre transparent pop
bottles half filled with water to deterr rabbits. When laid on its side the
bottle gives a magnified reflected image of objects moving near it. This
could be alarming for a creature wary of predators.
May be reflective discs with a good mirror surface have the same effect.
Apparently reflective discs are being used in Australia to deterr Australian
crows-(a different species ours may be smarter) from nesting on the top of
telegraph posts.
regards
David T.