Old 05-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Snooze

Default ants are eating the rose bud

Leafcutter ants? But I thought those were only in south america? Or it could
be carpenter ants? If it's carpenter ants, nuke them quickly, because if
they decide they like the lumber in your house instead it's bad news.

http://list.realestate.yahoo.com/rei.../carpants.html

See that url to get an example of what they look like.

Sameer

"Ant" wrote in message
Hi All

I am having this year something I've never seen befo the ants are

eating
the only bud of my Ingrid Bergman. I know ants harvest aphids in roses, in
fact ants are harvesting them in the other nearby bushes (diferent

variety)
but on this one, they are actually eating it, there are no remaining

aphids
and they burrowed a deep hole on it.
I've checked in the newsgroup that this has happened to more people in the
past, but so far I didn't find an explanation or a remedy.
Anybody has some help?

thanks
Antonio