Old 05-06-2003, 11:08 PM
DigitalVinyl

Default radish bursted-- too long in ground?

http://members.aol.com/digitalvinyl66/radish-burst.jpg
Radish, small, round red Altaglobe (28 days)

Just pulled the biggest radish I had to check it. The bottom is split
and spreading open. It was in about 27 days from sprouting. I also
thought this variety would be a little bigger than this. They do
describe it as a large marble, while I would say this was an ordinary
marble size.

Does this mean it was too long in the ground?
A watering issue?

I seem to recall some underground vegetable bursting because of either
too much water or uneven watering, but I can't recall where I read it
or which veggie.

DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)