Old 06-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Henry

Default Roses I Love To Hate And The People Who Love Them

dave weil wrote:

Here's the pic again:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/UglyDonJuan.jpg

To be fair, this is simply rain damage...

Ah! Dave you should see what the rain & Bot
has done to the blooms on my Aloha.

Been there when it comes to rain and Aloha. Because of the very
complex and dense nature of the Aloha bud, it's very susceptable to
severe balling. In fact, I have a few scattered "brussel sprouts" at
the moment. The difference between those blooms and this Don Juan is
that the Don Juan actually opened. Once Aloha balls, I've never known
it to ever really open much.

Here's another "good" example of how bad the wet (calling this spring
damp is like calling Bill Gates well off) and bot can make a rose look
(the first two pictures on the page - click for larger view). This is
Johann Strauss.

http://www.dotrose.com/whatsinbloom/20030606.php

--
Henry