Old 06-06-2003, 04:32 PM
RedForeman

Default Pressurized CO2 update and 1 more Question

SLOWLY... do it very slowly... don't just turn it on and wait...

start at a few bubbles, then increase over a few hours... pH swings can kill
fish, as little as a .5 pH CAN do harm.. but if you're coming down from 7.5
to 6.5 I'd do it over a few days instead of a few hours....

"Djay" wrote in message
Well heck... what I meant to say below was that I guess I will adjust

the
CO2 bubble rate until the Ph crossed with the KH give me around 20 ppm CO2
saturation... My KH is 4~5 dH so for 20 ppm CO2, I should adjust the

bubble
rate until my Ph reads 7.

DJay - been lurking for so long that I'm correcting myself!

"Djay" wrote in message
Purchased a 5 lb tank, regulator, needle valve all from sources from

various
posts here and what was available locally. I made a DIY bubble counter

and
after assembly everything is working beautifully and there are no

detectable
leaks! Checked each connection with soapy water and fixed the original
bubble counter which was leaking nearly all the CO2.

Now I have about 55 CO2 bubbles/min bubbling into a reactor inside the

tank.
The regularity and quantity of CO2 entering the reactor is quite a
remarkable improvement over DIY yeast.

Question... I am guessing that I will just measure my Ph to determine

the
optimal bubble rate?

Thanks for all the help!

DJay

Original post...

I'm tired of doing the DIY Yeast CO2 constantly. I found a local place

that
sells and refills CO2 containers at a reasonable price. Do any of you

have
a regulator that you would recommend? While cheaper isn't always

better,
I'm looking for a good value and good quality.

TIA,

DJay