Old 06-06-2003, 04:08 PM
randi sharp

Default [IBC] ficus retusa and defoliation

Jim,
Thanks for additional insight on the issue of the wet and soggy weather we are having and the trees method of getting rid of the excess water...i was so focused on lower than average temps I totally overlooked this potential problem you pointed out. Thanks
!

Randi Sharp
Richmond, VA..more like Seatlle...since today there is sun...but storms forecasted for the next 5 days...

Jim Lewis wrote:
Wait. A defoliated tree (no matter WHAT species) would have no
way to handle the wet soil you folks in the mid-Atlantic states
are getting. Trees get rid of excess water through their leaves.
If there are no leaves . . .

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - This economy
is a wholly owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord
Nelson, 1995

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++