Old 06-06-2003, 06:32 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default SOS! SICK FISH!

I wish I could remember where I heard this, but it's incredibly accurate:
"Learn to keep water; the water will keep the fish." In other words, if you
can't keep their home clean and proper, the poor fish will never be more
than marginal. Fix the problem with the fish first, then fix the problem
with the water for a "permanent" cure.

Lee

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
At this point (having read the recommendations and treatments) please

check
your water quality and keep an eye on it. Lymnozyme works good on ulcers
along with salt and Romet B food, but nothing can cure poor water quality
except the pond owner. ;o) Always a good idea to keep the sick pond/fish
form handy, either in stored memory or hard copy. ~ jan

On Mon, 02 Jun 2003 18:10:00 -0400, Jo Bohannon-Grant MD

wrote:

HELP! I just got home from work and found 3 fish with roundish ulcers
on their sides!!
I"ve never had any sick fish before!
6,000 gal pond; just shubunkin and comets and a few koi, all less than 5
inches!
No overcrowding. It's been raining for 2 weeks.

HEEEEEELP!!
Give me best sick fish web sites- WHAT DO I DO???? I LOVE MY FISH!

Jo in Richmond, Va

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~