Old 03-03-2003, 02:27 PM
harrison

Default Not a lily ( What to do with lily question)

Ann, I'm next to Belmont where I think the lily beetle first showed up. A
good friend of mine is serious about gardening organically and she also
likes Oriental lilies. She declared war on the beetle when it first appeared
in her garden and derives great joy from harvensting that very disgusting
bug. Her lilies have survived and while they may look a bit chewed, she is
definitely winning. I will admit this takes time at least once, if not
twice, a day. Eugenia, zone 6, two towns west of Boston
"Ann" wrote in message
(N.S.D) expounded:

- Naomi D. - for whom true lilies are now moot, due to the dreaded
red lily leaf beetle.

You too, Naomi? Where are you located?

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a