Old 07-06-2003, 04:21 AM

Default garden police gone wild?

exactly my point!!!!! there is NO PERMIT REQUIRED FOR A DECORATIVE FENCE. right.
thats what it was, less than 3' in height and 50% open and when the vines grew up it,
decorative.
what it says is a fence on the lot line (all around the yard) DOES NOT REQUIRE A
PERMIT when it is less than 3 feet high and "open". What they say is "like a picket
or split rail". They are not specifically saying it MUST be wood, but that is what
they mean without explicitly stating so. A 3 foot rabbit fence is 90%+ open and has
much less impact against brush than the wooden fence that is there now. In the open
it would not look decorative. We didnt put it in the open, never had any intention
of putting it in the open cause it wouldnt look good. In fact, we had no intention
of every putting up a fence along the "lawn" part of the lot line cause she couldnt
bitch about us cutting back her brush where there was none. But when they really
INSISTED we were cutting onto HER property my mother felt if we didnt establish
property rights they could claim adverse possession in the future. Her lawyer
agreed. In fact, when they sued they CLAIMED adverse possession of the property
right up to the asphalt drive based on their cutting the grass AND the previous
neighbor cutting the grass. Was he ever ****ed when he got dragged into this. My
mother had supplied him with most of the plants he used to construct this beautiful
rock garden next to their house AND he had a little greenhouse and orchids and is
responsible for my orchid addiction. They were very good neighbors.
Ingrid

"Vox Humana" wrote:
Q. Do I need a permit?
A. Yes, except for a decorative fence more than 50% open and less than 3' in
height.
Q. How much will a building permit for a fence cost?
A. $30.00.
Q. Can I put up a fence around my entire yard?
A. Yes, but only if it is a decorative fence more than 50% open and less
than 3' in
height such as a picket or split rail fence.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.