Old 07-06-2003, 05:22 AM
Jeffrey J. Potoff

Default Roses I Love To Hate And The People Who Love Them

Andy wrote:
Yes, Jeffrey, it IS okay to hate a rose.

Well, this is where my amature status comes to the forefront. I can
honestly say that there is not a single rose that I do not like. Yes I have
my favorites. And yes, some have been named in this thread. But the fact
is, that to me, each one has something different to offer.
I am a sucker for bi-colors and tri-colors. Yet a Mister Lincoln or
Gold Marie can still take my breath away. I love the old fasioned smelling
varities as well, but even the soft or lightly smelling varieties can be
just as nice when grouped.
And I watch my plants suffer from black spot, balling, aphids, and
powdery mildew and do my best to control them. Proliferation? My miniture
Candy tuff is going through the same right now. But they are still there
and still blooming.
Like I said, to me, there is no ugly rose, some are just prettier nd
better smelling than others.

Nah, there are ugly roses. They just start grating on you until
finally you can't take it anymore. Then out comes the shovel.
Muuuuuwwwwwaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaahhhhhhaaaa!

J.