Old 21-02-2003, 01:17 PM
MJC

Default Tomato Help

Even Dixie Cup size? Thats what I started with. And is the wall o water the
thing with a 2 litre bottle Thanks for the help.
MJ
"Tomatolord" wrote in message
.. .
Yes but the cups are too big

Tomotoes need to be root bound, usually people will grow them in small

test
tube like planter then transplant them to larger cups. This allows the

top
of the plant to become healthy and develop a larger root system

Also do the wall o waters - and I can guarantee success

tomatolord

"MJC" wrote in message
I am determined to grow some decent tomatoes this year. I have learned

that
the best way to start them is in small pots gradually re potting them

into
bigger pots before they go into the ground. I purchased 3 sizes of

plastic
cups at the grocrey store to do this. I poked holes in the bottom and
planted the seeds. Husband comes home and asks if they will be alright

in
clear plastic cups ( the cheep ones).
So that is my question. Will the clear plastic bother the roots?

Thanks to everyone in advance, you guys always come through for me.
MJ