Old 21-02-2003, 05:16 PM
Tomatolord

Default Tomato Help

they were probably 3 for 10 which is what I paid

"Jared Richardson" wrote in message
news
Question about the Walls O Water... I've seen them for $10 a piece...
dropping $100 for 10 plants buys a lot of tomatoes at the farmer's market!
Are they available for less?

"Tomatolord" wrote in message
yup even dixie cup is too big - the ones I have seen are no bigger than

your
finger and about the same size in length, , they also sell styrofoam
versions where you can do a whole bunch at once.

The smaller ones do a few things,
one promote root growth for a plant that will grow quicker
reduce the amount of water you use and prevents the plant from being

drowned

GL
tlord

wall o waters is the name of the product - green or white in color - i

guess
you could do the soda bottle thing, it might work, but WOWs are pretty

cheap
and mine have lasted 7 years now..

"MJC" wrote in message
Even Dixie Cup size? Thats what I started with. And is the wall o

water
the
thing with a 2 litre bottle Thanks for the help.
MJ
"Tomatolord" wrote in message
.. .
Yes but the cups are too big

Tomotoes need to be root bound, usually people will grow them in

small
test
tube like planter then transplant them to larger cups. This allows

the
top
of the plant to become healthy and develop a larger root system

Also do the wall o waters - and I can guarantee success

tomatolord

"MJC" wrote in message
I am determined to grow some decent tomatoes this year. I have

learned
that
the best way to start them is in small pots gradually re potting

them
into
bigger pots before they go into the ground. I purchased 3 sizes of
plastic
cups at the grocrey store to do this. I poked holes in the bottom

and
planted the seeds. Husband comes home and asks if they will be

alright
in
clear plastic cups ( the cheep ones).
So that is my question. Will the clear plastic bother the roots?

Thanks to everyone in advance, you guys always come through for

me.
MJ