Old 20-02-2003, 06:12 PM
Beth Peace

Default Garden bed edgings

"barbara hamilton" wrote in message
I am fairly new to gardening but really enjoy it - the problem is that I
have been attempting to make a really attractive flower bed in my yard and
wanted an edge to give it a nice formal look (plus one side of it is close
to the driveway and slopes down so I want to ensure the soil doesn't wash
away). The problem is that I cannot seem to find an edging product that

is
easy to install and that doesn't look cheap or tacky. Any suggestions?

We had a stone wall put in this winter by Kathy at Southern Rain. Part of
it is a retaining wall, part is not. It wasn't cheap, but every time I see
it, I'm happy we did it.

She also tilled, amended, and planted a large area. The edges are quite
sloped, but she also cut in adjacent to the concrete, and it hasn't run off.
If you're interested, I can email you pictures and contact info for Kathy.

Beth