Old 27-02-2003, 04:03 PM
Rebeccah Neff

Default fall suggestions

Cosmos! This annual beauty is at its peak in the fall. There are
several varieties shades of pink to magenta as well as yellow to
orangey red--and even a Chocolate-colored variety. The "Bright Lights"
variety is a vigorous self-seeder. Nice leafy foliage, too. Park Seed
has a large selection of seeds in both color families.

Another vine you might consider is Autumn Clematis, "Virgin's Bower,"
a perennial vigorous grower that will spread. Although its sweetly
fragrant blooms are most prominent in August and September, some might
linger into October and the seed pods are very attractive whorls.

Good luck,
Rebeccah

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:00:30 -0500, "Hannah Barnum"
wrote:

I am planning to be married in my garden this fall, likely october 11. I'd
love suggestions for plants that will have something to show at that time
(fruits, flowers, foliage?) - especially fast-growing vines to
cover/decorate the falling-down barns . . . any wildflowers? Most of the
space is full sun.
Thanks,
Hannah