Old 08-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Shiva

Default Roses I Love To Hate And The People Who Love Them

On Fri, 06 Jun 2003 08:32:38 -0400, Henry
wrote:

Here's another "good" example of how bad the wet (calling this spring
damp is like calling Bill Gates well off) and bot can make a rose look
(the first two pictures on the page - click for larger view). This is
Johann Strauss.

http://www.dotrose.com/whatsinbloom/20030606.php

Ooo. Sad. Mine have been drowning too. It's a great time to be a cut
rose person. Soon as I see a spot of color emerge I'm out there
snipping. Unfortunately, there are many I cannot see unless I hunt for
them. I have the saddest looking bed of baby ownroot Austins in the
world--soggy brown petals, heads nodding into the dirt. I'm trying to
grow them on a fence, but I think maybe they need obelisks to get them
started, or to just keep them from eating dirt in all this rain!
Lowe's has a nice 3.5 foot black one for $25. I'm growing tradescant
on it.

--
Henry