Old 08-06-2003, 05:56 PM
Shiva

Default Roses I Love To Hate And The People Who Love Them

On Thu, 5 Jun 2003 11:23:35 +0100, Jane Lumley
wrote:

In article m, Shiva
writes
This thread is just for Jeffrey. Thanks for reminding me that it is
PERFECTLY FINE to like what we like and dislike what we dislike JUST
BECAUSE.

Not only hideous, but, as you say, obese.

Now, now, Jane, don't poke fun at the afflicted! G

I also hate Super Star, the
ubiquitous Compassion,

Hmm. Care to elaborate? I've thought about Compassion. Granted, you
don't like hybrid teas so much from your other posts, but what is it
about this one you particularly dislike? It gets some good press!

and the dreadful Grandpa Dickson - what a shape!

What shape is it?

My pet hate just now is the ghastly rhapsody in Blue, top rose in the UK
- and hideous, and not blue but a kind of stark purple. I can never
understand the quest for a blue rose.

Me either but purple is a different story. Are you saying that R.I.B
is actually a pure PURPLE? I have been searching for the perfect
purple rose since I first planted Lagerfeld because it was the closest
thing to purple at the garden center. If so, is it just the color you
hate?

However, I can't agree about Penelope - she seems divine to me,
delicate, dainty, fragile, like eighteenth-century porcelain. She
doesn't suggest azaleas to me either, but old ramblers like Rambling
Rector (mine is juuuust out now - what a sight and what a scent).
--
Jane Lumley

*Sigh* Yes, Jane, I am just not subtle enough to appreciate Penelope.
Seriously. We all have our down sides.

Point still being, it's perfectly okay to like what you like and hate
what you hate. No need to get personal or upset, certainly not
venomous about our differences. There is room for every point of view
here, as there should be.