Old 08-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Shiva

Default Roses I Love To Hate And The People Who Love Them

On Sat, 07 Jun 2003 01:43:35 GMT, "Jeffrey J. Potoff"
wrote:

Nah, there are ugly roses. They just start grating on you until
finally you can't take it anymore. Then out comes the shovel.
Muuuuuwwwwwaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaahhhhhhaaaa!

J.

There really is something satisfying about it, isn't there? Here is
who I am currently eyeing with malicious intent:

Reine des Violettes--really small blooms, that odd "fountain" hybrid
perpetual shape, in its third year and wayyyyy ho hum.

Tineke--just not a major bloomer, blooms have no fragrance, form is
lacking.

Nicole--this floribunda gets BIG, even on its own roots. No scent,
pretty blossoms but a big ungainly shape and very thorny.

George Burns--man, I want to like this rose, really I do. It has had
four years, so it's time for a decision. The blooms are graceless.
Lots of perky short petals. Just not pretty, to me.