Old 09-06-2003, 09:44 PM
Sam Hopkins

Default water circulation in deep well

Water over 12 feet deep begins to get starved for O2. At 40" you're more
than fine.

"John Bachman" wrote in message
Hi,

My pond is 1300 gallons, 8 X10' with a plant shelf 18" down and 18"
wide. In the middle is a well that is 40" deep with vertical sides.
I use a skimmer filter which feeds a waterfall (actually 3 waterfalls
in series and about a 6' stream that empties into the pond.

After watching it for a couple of weeks now, I am wondering if I am
getting much circulation of the water in the deep part. I have three
small fish and they spend a lot of time in the deep parts, so I guess
that means that there is adequate oxygen for them there.

Do you think that I need to do something to assure circulation of the
deep well water? If so, a small submersible pump or what?

TIA

John