Old 22-02-2003, 08:17 PM
Iris Cohen

Default A Twist

Surely math is the essential tool to describe such things?

You lost me. Here we have a situation where, due to a genetic quirk or
incompatibility, the leaf has a twist. It looks as though the dorsal surface of
the leaf does not quite fit the ventral surface properly. There is something
about the growth process of the leaf which perhaps causes one surface to grow
at a different rate from the other. Maybe my left brain is asleep, but I don't
see where math comes in.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."