Old 10-06-2003, 05:56 PM
dave @ stejonda

Default Tadpoles eating fish in pond???

In message , "dave @ stejonda"
writes
In message , Sue & Bob Hobden
writes

Frogs can and often do bring disease into garden ponds by moving from
infected places. Red Leg is a serious and common disease of frogs that
is transmitted to fish causing serious problems. Every spring I treat
my pond with a suitable anti-parasite/bacteria and the fish (and
arriving frogs) stay healthy.

We did find a fish with a fungal disease earlier this year - we removed
it, treated it but it died. I then treated the pond with FC+.

I also bought a water testing kit - I'll test the pond later today.

ph 7.5 Ok
Nitrite 0 ppm Ok
O2 13-15 ppm Ok
Ammonia 0 ppm Ok
Chlorine/Chloramine 0 ppm Ok

BUT Chlorine/Chloramine in tap water 0.3 ppm and we have been refilling
the pond from the tap which I guess may have been stressing the fish -
the rain-water barrels have just found another use.

--
dave @ stejonda