Old 10-06-2003, 10:08 PM
jessie

Default Malaysian Trumpet Snails....good or bad??

I got two, within a couple weeks there were more. I don't think they get
longer than 1", one of my 'starter' two died (of old age i'm guessing since
the others were fine) and it was under an inch.

They don't touch the plants, (except to crawl on them looking for food), and
do a very good job stirring the gravel. (I put some crushed coral on top of
my brown gravel and they're mixed together quite well now) They're supposed
to hide in the substrate during the day and come out at night but mine don't
seem to know that.

The only problem I can see is if you ever wanted to get rid of them, their
shells are harder than those of most snails so snail-eating fish have a
harder time of it.

"RedForeman" wrote in message
I know they affect the water, but what about plants????

and how big do they usually get??? A fellow office mate, started with 1

and
now has 12-15 or so.... mostly under 1" but getting close....