Old 12-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

Default Seed pod question.

Hi again,
At the moment I have a Brassia caudata and a odontocidium Kolibri with
flowers. I would like to cross those two using the odontocidium as the
motherplant. Does anyone know if it can be done. I know that brassia and
oncidium is possible and brassia with odontoglossum is also possible.
Has anyone ever seen this cross?

And than a nother question.
When a plant has spots(black, brown), perhaps a virus. Will the pollen of
that plant then carry the virus to a nother plant. Can I polinate a nother
healthy plant without contaminating it? (oncidium(has spots) and a brassia)

The plant with the spots is strong and grows well. It flowers several times
a year, always from the new growth. It is strong enough to carry a seedpod,
but won't the seed carry on the illness, virus or whatever it is. The spots
are getting fewer in number by every new growth, but they are still there.

Peter