Old 12-06-2003, 10:09 PM
animaux

Default pelletized gypsum (to amend clay soil)

On 12 Jun 2003 11:58:56 -0700, (Mike Lyle) wrote:

I don't know if you have everywhere over there what's called a
"Canterbury hoe" in England: it's the thing with three flat prongs at
right angles to the shaft in the picture at

http://www.permaculture.co.uk/erc/erc36a.html

Great for breaking up strong soil, as you can use both a chopping and
a raking action. I think they come in different weights. Lost mine!

Mike.

Yes, I have one. I use it all the time, but have virtually no use for it any
more as most of my property is already cultivated. Once I prepare beds, I
rarely, if ever, go back in and stir things up.

The type fork I'm talking about is:

http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jh...duct2071&site=

These are some of the nicest tools, for the price, than I'd seen anywhere.