Old 05-02-2003, 01:16 AM
Ann

Default Ever heard of Paulownia trees?

(Iris Cohen) expounded:

Paulownia tomentosa, or princess tree, has its good points. It depends on where
you live. It would be at its best in Zone 6b. It is not hardy in the North,
although there was one in Syracuse for many years. Any further south, it is
extremely weedy and invasive, and you would have your neighbors cursing you.

I just noticed this past spring/summer there's one growing in a
neighboring town. It blooms, and looks pretty good, but I don't see
any offspring anywhere. That's the only one I've ever seen. Pretty
thing.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA