Old 13-06-2003, 02:32 AM
James Mayer

Default What's eating my cucumbers?

(FarmerDill) wrote in message ...
If the cucumbers have littles holes in them surrounded by frass, you have
encountered the dreaded pickleworm, which over winters in Texas and Florida,

I live in Florida. I guess that I'm stuck with them all year.

then migrates North with warm weather, Only natural control is get the crop in
and out before they arrive which I am able to do here in GA. None of the
unrestricted insecticides will touch them.

According to the package, sevin is an effective control if
applied more than 7 days apart and no more than 6 times per crop.