Old 13-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Rose

Default Starting a new climbing rosebush

"Ol' Thornfinger" wrote in message ...
It seems to be the consensus around
here that you should avoid fertilizer-treated soil like MiracleGro.

Just out of curiosity, why?

Why try for an off-shoot of this rosebush? Or are you talking about
the MiracleGro?

Besides its being ridiculously expensive...
I have used this stuff from time to time, especially with my potted roses.

_Thorn_

To answer the first question: because Grandpa grew them. He gave them
as gifts to his daughters to be passed down. The eldest had no
children and the second daughter's family is currently being ravaged
by Huntington's Korea. My mother and our family are the only ones
left to pass this on to. Family means a lot to us. While we don't
live in the past (Grandma would have had a fit if we had ever done
that), we do honor our ancestors and the heritage that they have
passed on to us.

As for the MiracleGro, well, I have no answer.

Rose