Old 14-06-2003, 11:32 PM
~ Windsong ~

Default catfish food for koi :-)

In a fit of sanity: Tom La Bron picked up the keyboard and pecked out:
:: Carol,
::
:: I would not worry about your KOI's livers or those of your
:: Goldfish because most of that fat that builds up around the heart
:: and liver are created because of feeding of high protein foods all
:: the time. Most of the catfish foods sold are 32% protein although
:: there are some 36% feeds that are used to baby fish. If you
:: continue to feed the 32% variety you will be fine.
Thanks Tom! I'm not sure of the protein content because we put the feed in
a large plastic type feed container, and the bag was tossed away. They get
a little variety when they eat the smaller pellets tossed in for the
goldfish. They also get fresh, juicy earthworms from the compost pile once
in awhile. And sometimes the ends from the bread. I also feed them
duckweed that grows in the kiddy pools out behind the house.
--
Carol.......
Ponding on the cheap.........