Old 03-03-2003, 05:29 PM
John Rutz

Default tech VF-bog question

as I am planning to abandon the bio-mechanical filters this summer and
see what a giant veggie filter will do for my pond. and after reading
(and comtributing to )all the pros and cons of rock and or soil in a
veggie filter bog heeres th queston with background for those of us
that dont remember--- roughly 8000 gal KOI pond 20x20 bog, two 2400 gal
mag drive pumps and trickle tower.

plants will be Iris, water celery, cattail, some rushes,(aprox 150
plants total)
now would it be best for the plants to root them in a couple inches of
base ball + sized river rock or a couple inces of clay soil?
the large plant baskets I use do stick out of the water about an inch
and realy dont have an astheticly pleasing look to them so Im looking at
posible alternatives.

--
John Rutz

I'm not Porg am not am not am so