Old 15-06-2003, 10:44 PM
Anne Lurie

Default "Shovel Prune" Epiphany

Im my own defense, I'm not quite as self-limiting as my post may have
seemed!

When I mentioned having between5 & 15 roses, I didn't mean to suggest that I
had 15 roses of only 5 varieties total -- just that I was too lazy to go
out & count them before I posted!

Actually, my only doubles are Abraham Darby & Blaze (the former because of
the scent; the latter, because the arbor has two sides). And I have 15
roses because I'm just getting started on my "slide down the slippery
slope"! (Life was really easier when I spent my creative choices on tomato
seeds to start.)

I guess you can really tell I'm a rosanewbie, because I don't even know what
BS stands for? (I mean I know how I've understood it for the last 40 years
or so, but I doubt that's what you meant!)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Unique Too" wrote in message
"Anne Lurie" writes:

Now, however, I can exercise my freedom of choice -- although my choice
may seem limiting to some people. (I'm one of those tiresome people who
orders the same thing at the same restaurants -- "because it was so

good
last time" -- so I'm sure that next year, I'll be planting another

Graham
Thomas and yet another Abraham Darby (now *that* fragrance could have

made
me a rose fanatic years ago!), and it's okay! I'm okay, you're okay,

we're
all okay!

Another step in growing with roses. Accepting that it's okay whatever

choices
other people make. Myself, I only have duplicates of two roses (out of

~50).
I like variety. I order something different when we eat out, just because

I've
never tried "that: before. It's led me to try Octopus (disgusting),

escargot
(love 'em), raw oysters (they're okay), fish eggs (what is the proper

term? and
I paid How Much for that!).
But it's okay. If you are happy with fifteen roses of five varieties,

that's
okay with me. Shiva likes her big blowsey HTs in garish colors. I like

the
OGRs in mostly soft colors. She sprays on a regular basis, I'm trying to

rid
my gaden of BS magnets. But it's okay. We love roses, just in different
ways.